Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
candrews922  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:10:01 PM(UTC)
candrews922

Groups: Registered

Well no one answered my other post. I hope someone will help with this one. I am a disabled mother of a 5 year old. My husband works 6 to 7 days a week. He also is not a fix it guy in any capacity. I have always done these type repairs. I have been disabled since 2006. I found the igniter wire had been chewed to the metal wire in one area and to the rubber type insulation in another. I used electric tape to cover the exposed areas and then wrapped it in tin foil. I wasn't sure if its insulated to protect it from the heat of the oven or because the wire itself gets really hot. I felt the foil could work to either protect or prevent fire if something does get too hot. Do you think this is okay? The oven is working fine now and is lighting on the first spark from the igniter. If I need something else to put over the wire that is there what can you use? Can I get that type of insulated wire and use a connector to put them together. Thanks. CA:confused: :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.