Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
menomoto  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 11:14:44 AM(UTC)
menomoto

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a GE Profile single wall oven that I inherited with the purchase of my home. And, the previous owner left no manuals regarding this device.

From looking at the plate on the device, it seems to indicate JTP18BDW1BB.
However, searching the Internet for this part number, the closest match I
can find is JTP18BD1BB. The extra "W" is hard to determine if it really is a "W" or some other character. But some pictures of JTP18BD1BB seem to be
a close match.

1) My first question is if someone can confirm if JTP18BDW1BB is the correct
part number?

2) The first problem I have with the oven is that the power does not come on. I see no indication of power on the front panel, etc. I determined that most all of the cables going to the main circuit board on this device has been pulled off. Actually, I found this out when I tried to use my Home Warranty to try to fix this, the technician that came out detected it and now they won't fix it since it's a pre-existing case. So, obviously that is the first issue. I need some documentation on how to put back all of the cables correctly back onto the circuit board. How can I obtain some documentation to put the wiring back correctly?

The oven is probably at least a few years old but it doesn't look like it's ever
been used since the inside of the oven looks unused. Probably it had some issues from the beginning and the previous homeowner tried to troubleshoot it but failed.

I checked that the circuit breaker is on and there is power to some of the wires going to the circuit board.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.