Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WALJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 2:45:59 PM(UTC)
WALJ

Groups: Registered

I just completed changing the safety valve and now I can not adjust the flame, It continues to burn yellow even with the air control open all the way. My stove uses propane and the valve P/N is WC5308009419 where can I find out if this is the right part forn my stove. I want to make sure it is not one for a nature gas stove.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:47:44 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
the valve P/N is WC5308009419 where can I find out if this is the right part forn my stove.

The correct valve for your range is Frigidaire part number 5308009419, Appliance Parts Pros # AP2152452.

Quote:
I just completed changing the safety valve... My stove uses propane

Than the valve will likely need to be converted just as the original one was when the appliance was first installed. Check the owner's manual or installation instructions for how that is done.

JFYI. Gas range parts are often shipped from the factory set for natural gas. If to be used with propane, they will usually need to be converted.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
WALJ  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:49:53 PM(UTC)
WALJ

Thanks DanO, After I posted my request, I keep searching the web on the valve in question and I found a sight that told me about adjusting the orfice thanks for the help
hawaiicarl  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:19:26 PM(UTC)
hawaiicarl

Aloha DanO,

I have the same problem with the yellow flame on my Tappan 30" gas range. It has been converted for propane and all the stove-top burners work OK, but in the owner's manual it says to adjust the orofice until the flame has the correct size and color - I have attempted this but even when the orofice is closed as much as possible too much gas is still coming out.
Model # TGF 317 ESC
Ser # VF6 1856320
Do I need to order a different safety valve or can the orofice be adjusted to get the correct flame? Please help.
Mahalo, Carl
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply