Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ravernon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 12:33:54 PM(UTC)
ravernon

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile Model# JGBP86WEB2WW Stove.

The module on my top front left burner needs replacement, but I cannot see how to get to it. Where are the screws that need to be removed so I can lift the top up to gain access to the module location.

Many thanks.

Rich Vernon
Wellesley, MA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:31:11 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
The module on my top front left burner needs replacement

What "module" are you referring to?? The spark module? If so, there is usually only a single one for all the burners of a range, not one for each burner. A failure of it would usually affect all burners equally.

LINK > GE JGBP86WEB2WW Spark Module

Quote:
Where are the screws so I can lift the top up to gain access to the module

Is the spark module on your range under the top?? In the control console or on the back of the range is more common but I don't know about your specific model.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
ravernon  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:54:19 AM(UTC)
ravernon

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Dan O. Go to Quoted Post
What "module" are you referring to?? The spark module? If so, there is usually only a single one for all the burners of a range, not one for each burner. A failure of it would usually affect all burners equally.

LINK > GE JGBP86WEB2WW Spark Module

Is the spark module on your range under the top?? In the control console or on the back of the range is more common but I don't know about your specific model.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response...

Of the four top gas burners, ONE clicks when I try to light it, but 90% of the time, there is no spark and it won't light.....I do smell gas however. The other three and the oven always work every time I try to light them.

I was told by Appliance Parts Pros that my problem was part number: AP2020570 (WB13K25): The Spark Module

After your first message, I now wonder if they diagnosed my problem correctly and sent me the correct part. I am not even sure now that the spark module even needs replacement.....or where is it located and if I can I get to it easily!!! And finally, if as you say, there is only ONE for the entire stove, why is it that just ONE burner won't light while the other three (on top) and the oven (below) work every time?

Any additional help would be most appreciated.

Best,
Rich Vernon
Wellesley, MA
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:50:26 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
if as you say, there is only ONE for the entire stove, why is it that just ONE burner won't light while the other three (on top) and the oven (below) work every time?

I myself wouldn't expect the problem to be with the spark module if only a single burner was malfunctioning but it may be possible.

BTW. Your oven doesn't use a spark ignition system so its operation has nothing to do with the spark module regardless.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply