Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ewestradio  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 8:28:27 PM(UTC)
ewestradio

Groups: Registered

Indicator light won't turn off. My wife says inititally that the burners were staying on as well. Unlplugged unit, tested the infinite switches and they seemed to test ok with continuity between the switch contacts.
Light still stays on. The burners seem to be turning off at this point after awhile (i'm not sure how long they usually take to cool down), but the indicator light is on continuously.
Didn't want to replace a switch ($50) if i didn't have to.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ewestradio  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 8:29:20 PM(UTC)
ewestradio

Model is MER...not MEM.....sorry.

Originally Posted by: ewestradio Go to Quoted Post
Indicator light won't turn off. My wife says inititally that the burners were staying on as well. Unlplugged unit, tested the infinite switches and they seemed to test ok with continuity between the switch contacts.
Light still stays on. The burners seem to be turning off at this point after awhile (i'm not sure how long they usually take to cool down), but the indicator light is on continuously.
Didn't want to replace a switch ($50) if i didn't have to.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
ApplianceJunk  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 8:41:53 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

It has to be one of the switches that is keeping the indicator light on. If you follow the wire from the indicator light back to the switch it will go the terminal labeled 'P' or 'Pilot' on the back of the switch.

I believe you only have two indicator lights correct?
One for the left side burners and one for the right side burners so you will have to determine what switch is still sending power to the indicator light when the switch is off.

Here is the service manual for your model range, maybe you will find it helpful.
http://appliancejunk.com...wnloads;sa=view;down=379
ewestradio  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 8:48:56 PM(UTC)
ewestradio

thanks. there is only one indicator light on this model.
guess i will have to disconnect each one at a time to see which is bad?
ewestradio  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 9:04:59 PM(UTC)
ewestradio

looks like i found the one. i disconnected the wire from the P terminal and plugged it back in. the light stayed on for all but one of the switches.
so until i can order and get the part in, is it ok to run the stove without the light connector on that switcher? or is it ok to leave it connected without risk of any other damage?
thanks a ton!!!!!
ApplianceJunk  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:45:57 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad you found the problem switch.

Quote:
so until i can order and get the part in, is it ok to run the stove without the light connector on that switcher? or is it ok to leave it connected without risk of any other damage?

I would leave the wire to the light unplugged and the burner for that switch unplugged just to be safe. With that light disabled and the burner disable it will be safe to use the rest of the range until you get the switch replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply