Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
the5powells@nc.rr.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:18:21 AM(UTC)
the5powells@nc.rr.com

Groups: Registered

GE double oven initiates cleaning cycle during normal operation. Interrupts cooking cycle, locks door, then turns itself off. What is the most likely component causing this issue?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:11:58 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

There might be a slim chance the control is sensing the oven is hot enough for a clean cycle and locking the door as a safety precaution. The only other thing I can think of is the control may be malfunctioning and initiating a clean cycle on its own.

Quote:
GE double oven initiates cleaning cycle during normal operation.

Does the control actually indicate a cleaning cycle or are you just assuming it is in clean because the door locks?

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
the5powells@nc.rr.com  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:44:10 AM(UTC)
the5powells@nc.rr.com

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Dan O. Go to Quoted Post
There might be a slim chance the control is sensing the oven is hot enough for a clean cycle and locking the door as a safety precaution. The only other thing I can think of is the control may be malfunctioning and initiating a clean cycle on its own.

Does the control actually indicate a cleaning cycle or are you just assuming it is in clean because the door locks?

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response,

You are correct, the oven doesn't actually go into a full scale cleaning cycle, the door locks, then the unit resets and the door unlocks. This interrupts the cooking cycle, but the timer continues to count down. However the elements are off so the temp reduces. I've set the oven, allowed preheat, then input food. Returned to the unit a few minutes later finding the oven off. When re-starting I find the temp well below the preheat. Kinda aggravating not knowing how long the food was at the desired temperature.

We enjoy our double oven and would hate to have to replace it. How can I correct this issue?

Thanking you,

John Powell
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:36:55 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

If the oven is not too hot when the door locks, the control may be sensing the incorrect oven temperature or the control may just be acting up. Someone could check the oven temperature sensor to make sure it was within specifications. If it was Ok, the problem might be in the control itself.

LINK > JTP27WOW1WW Oven Sensor

LINK > How do I check an oven temperature sensor?

LINK > JTP27WOW1WW Electronic Control

You might need to call in a technician to determine which (if either) was the cause. Sorry.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply