Discuss

Whirlpool wall over Accubake system, self cleaning

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Inside the oven, the upper ceiling panel is falling down on the back right corner. Looks like the heating element

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Whirlpool wall over Accubake system, self cleaning

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 AM

mermaid143 is on a distinguished road
Question Whirlpool wall over Accubake system, self cleaning
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Inside the oven, the upper ceiling panel is falling down on the back right corner. Looks like the heating element is holding it up. Also, I can see what looks like an insalation where that corner is falling.

Also sometimes the interior light in the oven starts blinking on and off all by it self for 4 to 5 times.

Is there a safety issue with this problem, fires, etc.

What could cause this and can it be fixed?

Should I not use the over?

Thank you

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Dan O. is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Whirlpool wall over Accubake system, self cleaning
I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Quote:
Inside the oven, the upper ceiling panel is falling down on the back right corner.
Most often the oven liner is one continuous piece of metal.

Quote:
I can see what looks like an insulation where that corner is falling. Is there a safety issue with this problem, fires, etc.
I would say yes!

Quote:
What could cause this and can it be fixed?
That is impossible to say until we are able to look up what exact appliance is involved and to see how it was designed.

Quote:
Should I not use the over?
I would suggest it not be used in the state your described, no. Better safe than sorry?

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Old 06-12-2009, 09:47 AM

mermaid143 is on a distinguished road

The model number is RBS275PDB8 and the seriel number is XK1001024. Does this help?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Dan O. is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Oven liner problem???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid143

The model number is RBS275PDB8
As near as I can tell from the parts list, the oven interior liner should be one continuous piece of porcelain covered metal on all sides and rear. The only way the insulation could be exposed inside the oven with such a liner is maybe if part of the liner had rusted out or maybe a weld separated.

That oven liner is not replaceable so if defective would usually require the range to be replaced. But before going to that extreme I might suggest you have a Whirlpool *factory authorized* service technician check it out to be sure.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.