Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Deldolfan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:23:01 AM(UTC)
Deldolfan

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn Aire Dual Fuel (gas cooktop and electric convection oven combo) It is a standard upright stove though can be installed as a slide in. It's model SEQ 196. Everything works fine except for the self cleaning. On this model you have to turn selector to clean, set temp know to clean, lock the door and then hit enter twice to start the process. It has three indicator lights on it and I'm not sure which ones lit when it did work (last time about a 2 months ago, but wife has tried a few times since then). When you go through the motions above, no lights come on. Although door lever buzzes as you lock it like before. Oven doesn't even get warm. I did notice something weird while fooling with it, the "clean" light comes on when you turn the temp selector below 400 degrees with in the clean mode, goes off when higher than that or on clean. Is there a wiring schematic or trouble shooting guide available? Or have you run into this problem before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 12:34:11 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
Model Number: SEQ 196

I'm afraid I can find no listing for such a Jenn-Air model number. Can you double check it (right on the appliance's identification tag) and make sure to include all letters and numbers?

Quote:
Is there a wiring schematic available?

There should have been a wiring diagram in the appliance when it left the factory. Common locations for it on ranges is inside the control console or sometimes in or under the drawer area.

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Deldolfan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:32:11 PM(UTC)
Deldolfan

Thanks for your reply. Yes that number is correct and I can provide serial number as well. I guess I will have to take top panel off. There is no lower drawer. That's where the blower is accessed through a flip down panel. Hopefully the schematic will be there. Any other suggestions, please let me know, like what part of the equation may be bad, what nterlocks are needed to be in place before oven goes into clean, etc. May be similar to other Jenn-Aire stoves. Thanks again!
Dan O.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:49:36 PM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Deldolfan wrote:

Yes that number is correct and I can provide serial number as well.

Something is definitely not correct with it. Can you upload a picture of the identification tag?

Quote:
Any other suggestions like what part of the equation may be bad, what interlocks are needed to be in place before oven goes into clean, etc.

Once we have a traceable model number we can see if there is a service manual available for it.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Deldolfan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:54:41 PM(UTC)
Deldolfan

Dan O,

You were absolutely correct. It was not a SEQ (Label was scratched and made the G look like a Q.) Been just living with it for awhile. Did finally take things about and try and trace the problem. Boy does an oven get crusty after many years! The latch and switch assembly was pretty dirty and in fact the lever that loks the door was crusted in the open position. Took things abpart and cleaned it up well. Tested all the micro swtiches and they are operational and look to be correctly adjusted. Tested the selector switch and it checks out per the schematic guide. Can't read the thermostat guide to verify. You set the oven to clean and should get the clean light to come on. Lock light won't illuminate until oven hits 550 supposedly. I'm not sure where to look next. I have attached the diagrams. Overtemp on top of the oven checks out okay as well. I guess the next step may be to see if I have voltage at the terminals E6 and E7 on the timer. There is also a relay mounted on the back of the oven that may be another cause, but I would think that would effect other things as well. Any assistance would be appreciated.
File Attachment(s):
SEG196schematic.pdf (665kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply