Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raymac  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:48:23 AM(UTC)
Raymac

Groups: Registered

The control panel for the stove is acting up, it works sometimes, then sometimes it does not work. You push to bake it will, then it wont, its almost like it has water in it, but that is highly unlikely. I was looking at the diagram of the model and they show the wiring harness but a I see no specific reference to the control panel buttons. This hasn't been my week, first my washing machine now this oven. I am not sure what may need replacing. Ray
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:43:38 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JDR8895AAW FREESTANDING-DOUBLE OVEN-DUAL FUEL | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual. It has info on how to check the keypad.
16023417 Jenn-Air Freestanding Double Oven Dual Fuel Range Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

You said "its almost like it has water in it", is this because it feels differernt from the other keys. If yes then the keypad is probably bad.
The control board and keypad come as a set (Item 2 in Section 2).
It shows Out Of Stock which often means obsolete but call them to see if it is still available.

If the key feels the same as the others then you could check it with a meter.

You also may want to try the following by disconnecting the keypad from the control board.
Note: I am not 100% sure that this is even possible.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply