Hi there, we've got a black smooth glass KitchenAid separate 36" electric cooktop, full model # is KECD865HBT4. I'm not sure on the exact age - we've been in our house 7 years, and it was installed when we moved in.
The circuit breaker it's on tripped yesterday, and it looks like there's a continuous short. If we flip the breaker to On, there's a pop & flash from the knob in the lower-left position (the one that controls the dual 1000/2400W burner).
I've removed the glass cooktop to expose the elements, etc, and can't see any obvious scorch marks.
My questions are these:
- could anyone please forward me a link to the repair manual?
- any idea whether it's more likely a switch or burner is at fault? Or possibly something else?
- anyone know how many ohms a "good" element should be reading?
- any other ohmmeter tips on how to tell if a switch is OK? (I did see the link in the pinned post about checking the switch for continuity with L1/H1 & L2/H2)
- we also had a cleaning service in yesterday, I don't know if a cleaning product could've caused this...
Thanks very much!!