Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jerick  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 4:58:10 PM(UTC)
Jerick

Groups: Registered

Four days before Thanksgiving and the bottom (Turkey) oven doesn't work! Spent all Sunday tearing the oven apart to determine the problem. I want to post a victory that may help others who have a similar problem with a Maytag Gemini double oven.
Problem: The bottom oven will not heat. Pushed BAKE 3 times to preheat as usual. Heard it "click" on, then "click" again. It sounded like it turned off.
1. The element checked out OK about 27 Ohms, no problems with wiring even though there was a mouse laying below the input power terminals! Poor guy. Every other function on stove and oven worked normally.
2. Checked voltage at the element, 240 for one second then nothing.
3. Checked control panel error codes by Pressing upper oven CANCEL and BROIL simultaneously within a couple of minutes of restoring power to unit. No error codes when each button BAKE, BROIL, etc. were pressed, once to activate the respective function, again to deactivate the function.
4. Removed the back cover, particularly the top, to expose the back of the control panel. Closely inspected all contacts on both sides of the circuit board.
5. Noticed that one solder connection was slightly burnt on the green side of the board opposite a relay and was not making contact with the relay.
6. Added a little solder to the connection. Replaced the circuit board and restored power.
7. Great! everything works fine. There will be another happy Thanksgiving Day here in NC.
8. If I have to come back here to appliancepartspros.com to get a new circuit board once the whole thing burns up I will. They have the best prices.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.