Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whiterr  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 5:24:59 AM(UTC)
whiterr

Groups: Registered

Replaced control last year and worked fine. Just stopped working and when I turn on left front burner, power is sent to the right front dual-element, but it does not come on. Even with dual-element control off, power goes to the element. Since the burner does not come on, I am assuming that the element is bad and want to repalce it. But is the control good considering that power is at the element on the right when the control is off and the left control is on?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:17:46 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JEC9536ADB SURFACE UNIT- ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Best way to check is to disconnect the element and check it for continuity.
I am not sure what the element should be but probably around 20 ohms.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
I turn on left front burner, power is sent to the right front dual-element, but it does not come on[/COLOR]
OK, so neither element comes on, correct?

But is the control good considering that power is at the element on the right when the control is off and the left control is on?
Could well be that it is just the 115 volt feeding both controls as they are wired in parallel. The controls then switch on the other side of the line which gives 240 volts across the element.

The above is assuming that yo are measuring using the Neutral/frame as a reference point. This can be confusing because the element circuitry is a 240 volt circuit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply