Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomWski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:46:07 AM(UTC)
TomWski

Groups: Registered

I have an Oven/range Model: GS465LEKS1. I need a Sensor, oven Part Number: AP4326911 made by WHIRLPOOL The one on the web page does not look like the one removed. "Cal" in parts says to try the online help because he doesn't have this info. He said the one pictured on the website is a retro fit for one that is no longer manufactured. Instead of the slender tubular sensor, mine is cylindrical ceramic with a mounting bracket. Is there an installation kit that goes with the one website pictured?

Thank you. TomWski
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:52:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TomWski Go to Quoted Post
...mine is cylindrical ceramic with a mounting bracket...

Tom,

I never seen or heard about such sensors. Temperature sensor can not be made of ceramic because ceramic is very bad temperature conductor. Usually ceramic used as a temperature insulation.

The sensor shown on the picture

UserPostedImage

is the original part made by Whirlpool for oven with the model number you posted.

Maybe you were talking about different part?

What was the original problem with your oven?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GS465LEKS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
TomWski  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:29:49 AM(UTC)
TomWski

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene:

Thanks for the help. To clarify my post, the sensor is a little over 7" long. There is a ceramic rod about 3/8" dia. and 5.5" long, through the center runs the metalic sensor body. At the end of the of the ceramic body there is the actual sensor thermocoupler (length 1.250" long). To support the ceramic body there is a "winged" bracket that attaches to the burner pipe.

There is a part number on the body of the ceramic rod: 01423MASS MADE IN MEXICO. I should add the numbers are not very clear to read. Please find an picture attached, actually it's 3 shots in one picture.

The conditions of failure were; baking chicken breasts topped w/ onion sprinkles. Smoke tripped several smoke alarms, the oven main display which read 400° changed to F3. Wife said when the door was opened it was very hot. I believe she means hot as greater than expected over previous baking encounters. The onion sprinkles were burned black. We shut things down and cleared the smoke. I remove the sensor below.

Appreciate you help. BTW, I can understand technical questions, I have a background in tool & die and electronics.
TomWski attached the following image(s):
04.jpg
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 3:39:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tom,

The part which you called "sensor" actually is the burner igniter (#16 on the diagram). It does not sense the oven temperature, it just ignites the burner. The oven sensor shown as #12 on the diagram.

In the error code after F3 suppose to be "E" with some number.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply