Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbmarsh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:57:40 AM(UTC)
mbmarsh

Groups: Registered

So my husband was trying to fry up some onions for Memorial Day - and for some reason, he filled the pot almost full of canola oil before dumping the onions in. Needless to say, but oil got everywhere on the right side of the cooktop. There may have been a small *fire* for a second as well.

So we got all the oil mopped up, and we're still trying to clean all the little crevices, but......whenever I turn the knob to ignite one of the burners, the front left burner keeps sparking. All the other burners will spark and ignite correctly, but at the same time they are sparking, the front left one sparks as well. The front left will also spark and ignite correctly if I'm turning that knob, but it keeps sparking for all the other knobs as well.

What the heck? Any ideas where to start?

Thanks!
Melissa
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.