Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bear-dog  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 2:48:07 PM(UTC)
bear-dog

Groups: Registered

My GE gas cooktop will not stop sparking, continuous every second. I have seen the posts that say to replace the ignitors and spark modules. I see I can buy them online.
What I cannot find is ANY info on actually HOW to replace them!
This was caused by my wife cleaning the cooktop with spray cleaner and a wet sponge.

This is a sealed gas cooktop. Does that mean I cannot pull the cooktop out of the counter and replace the parts? If so, then why can I buy them?I see posts that say, "pop the cooktop out". This does not just pop out and I don't want to screw it up trying to force it.
I am extremely frustrated so I apologize for my tone.
Any help is greatly appreciated.I have tried to blow dry the ignitors, not working.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jayantc  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:08:34 AM(UTC)
jayantc

I've exactly same issue on our GE Built-in Cooktop (Model : JGP328BEJBB)
- front two burners continuously spark with clicking sound. Happened after cleaning with soap and water .. I tried to blow-dry .. to no avail.

Need help in understanding what can be done to fix this issue, and if needed how to replace ignitor or other items.
Ambyrhawke  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:16:17 PM(UTC)
Ambyrhawke

I've got the same problem with one of my igniters on another sealed cooktop. Model JGP328BEK2BB I've got my own thread from this weekend (must be the week for getting liquid on the spark modules). I'm just waiting for info on how to get to the module to replace it before I buy the part from here.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply