Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bobbie Stead  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:35:51 AM(UTC)
Bobbie Stead

Groups: Registered

The oven self cleaner mode will not work...door locks but the self clean feature doesn't start
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

petervgriffin@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:19:11 PM(UTC)
petervgriffin@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Background: Self clean mode on brand new Viking dual fuel oven did not work
Symptoms:
1. Door lock engaged properly
2. Fan cycled on sporadically
3. Oven did not heat up
4. Clean cyle would end and door lock disengage after several minutes

Solution:
1. Door lock switch assembly was either assembled improperly or adjusted improperly. The limit switch that turns on the broiler and oven heating elements was not engaging.
2. Removed range top grills and drawer that holds liner pans.
3. Removed access cover on top of oven door latch assembly
4. Removed the door lock /switch assembly and pull out (I did not disconeect wiring)
3. I observed the motor assembly mechanism function through a cleaning cycle after turning on the "Self Cean" function and setting the temperature to "Clean". It is possible to get shocked doing this; if you are not confident working around live electrical equipment, don't perform this step
4. It was obvious that there were two limit switches on the door lock assembly that failed to engage as the door lock motor rotated through a cycle. There are three limit switches in the assembly; I assume one turns the motor on and off, one turns the fan on and off and one turns the heating elements on and off. Two of the switches have metal operating arms that engage with the door lock latch. It appeared that both of these switches failed to engage because the operating arms were installed upside down. I manually engaged the switches and found that the cleaning cycle did not disengage, heating elements turned on and fan turned on. Bingo! this proved that there were no problems with the switches, heating elements, sensors, etc..
5. I removed the limit switch with the longer operating arm and re-installed it to overlap the limit switch with the short operating arm in what I assume is the correct position. (Long operating arm on top of short operating arm).
6. Again I observed the motor/ switch assembly through a cycle and observed that one limit switch still did not engage entirely although it was very close. I made a slight bend in the metal operating arm to get perfect allignment and performed a successful test.
7. I re-installed the door lock/ switch assemby and found the problem to be solved
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply