Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seury1  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 12:57:33 PM(UTC)
seury1

Groups: Registered

Good day. I pride myself in being Mr. Fixit for my family and friends but the current task has me stumped. My Mother In-Law has a Whirlpool double oven model number RBD305PDQ2 with a door that will not shut. The top door (most used) has already had the hinges replaced two times. The first was in january, then again in April by a local service tech my Mother In-Law has used for years. When the door started failing to close again after on month her service tech said he would be glad to change out the hinges "again" but could not come up with a reason for the hinges failing. I read another post directing an owner to replace the Latch Assembly
p/n 4454710. Does that sound like a reasonable corrective action to take? I have attached the link to the parts manual. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Whirlpool Product Literature Search Results
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.