Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toby66  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 12:01:31 PM(UTC)
toby66

Groups: Registered

I Orded A Switch For A Frigidaire Cook Top Model Fec30s6abf And The Part I Received Is#318293825 And The Terminals That The Wires Hook To Are Not Arranged The Same As The Old Switch So I Dont Know How To Hook Up The Wires
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

toby66  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 12:16:06 PM(UTC)
toby66

I Received Part #318293825 Forfrigidaire Cook Top Model #fec30s6abf Surface Unit For Large Burner. The New Switch Has The Termnials Laid Out Differint Than The Old Switch And I Dont Know How To Hook It Up
toby66  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 12:26:32 PM(UTC)
toby66

I Ordered A Switch For Frigidaire Modelfec30s6abf And Received Part#318293825. The New Switch Has The Terminal Arranged Different From The Old Switch And I Dont Know How To Hook It Up
Gojef  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:56:16 PM(UTC)
Gojef

Yes. The FEC30S6ABF Replacement Switch # 318293824 (for large element) looks entirely different from the OEM switch that it replaces. The terminal blades are horizontal while the original terminal blades are vertical and arranged differently. With all power shut-off, I used a bright pen-lite to map the terminals, ID their markings and note the wire color before I removed anything. Both switches have the same markings L1, L2, H1, and H2 however, the new switch had extra markings but they were not relevant to my installation. The L1 terminal on the original switch shared a blue and black wire using a 2-1 blade adapter. I moved the blade adapter to the new switch L1 terminal along with both wires and color-matched the rest of the wires and terminals without a problem. Once installed, the new switch's horizontal blade orientation put the wire harness out of position, so I was careful to route the wires and harness away from the blade terminals before replacing the cover.

The reason I replaced the original switch on this Frigidaire Flat Top Stove model FEC30S6ABF was that the element would erratically come on at any time of day or night regardless of its previous state-of-use. I've since found that several models of these stoves have this same problem and many have since been recalled by the manufacturer. When I contacted Frigidaire Customer Support, they informed me that while other model exactly like mine (and within the same S/N range) had been recalled due to fire hazard, unfortunately my particular model was not part of the recall. They suggested that I fix it. So I did.

Here's a link to some recall information for similar models:
FRIGIDAIRE | Frigidaire Recalls Certain Smoothtop Electric Ranges with Rotary Knobs and Digital Displays
charlesmilleriii  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 7:28:55 PM(UTC)
charlesmilleriii

They should recall Frigidaire flat glass cooktop FEC30S6ABF. My black cooktop is not turning off either. Seems many people comment about my same model with the exact same issue. How can this not possibly be recalled by now? Frigidaire will not help. So I either have to fix myself somehow or replace the cooktop.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply