Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JEP62  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 7:24:48 AM(UTC)
JEP62

Groups: Registered

Oven will not get to temperature for a long time. Replaced the ignitor. Comes on after a while but takes forever to get to temperature and now makes a swish sound once the burner ignites. Do I need to replace the thermostat? Or??? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 8:46:54 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JEP62 Go to Quoted Post
Oven will not get to temperature for a long time. Replaced the ignitor. Comes on after a while but takes forever to get to temperature and now makes a swish sound once the burner ignites. Do I need to replace the thermostat? Or??? Thanks

JEP,

It's doubtful, you'll need a thermostat, if anything, you need to check the oven burner igniter,

Part number: AP2150412
Part number: AP2150412

For proper amperage and voltage to the burner safety valve.
The igniter needs to draw 3.2 to 3.6 amps, and produce 3.2 to 3.6 VAC to the valve when it is glowing. Low voltage or amps, can cause the valve to react intermittently, and it would display most of the symptoms you describe.

Thanks and Good Luck,

:) :) :)
JEP62  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:25:28 AM(UTC)
JEP62

Groups: Registered

Okay, I replaced the ignitor for a second time and the oven still takes forever to get to a set temperature. What else could be the problem? Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:27:02 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay, I replaced the ignitor for a second time and the oven still takes forever to get to a set temperature. What else could be the problem? Thanks

Jep,
The next step is to remove, the oven bottom panel, and the flame spreader. Check the burner venturi holes in the burner tube. Check and make sure the burner orifice is centerred in the burner tube opening and the shutter opening is adjusted 1/2 to 3/4 open.

You'll need to get your propane supply company out and check for 10 WCI of pressure to the range, under a load (all burners ignited and burning).
That would be the next step from here.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply