Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chuck11  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:37:10 AM(UTC)
Chuck11

Groups: Registered

I have model # Gas Stove PRSG304S Thermador. I've changed the potentometers as I have done in the past which always corrected the problem. This time I've changed potentometer and spark ignitor and haven't fixed the problem. I see that there is a simmer control unit that appears in the diagram for this unit, but is not on my unit. Is this a part that is now an add on?? I see that the wires coming off the spark ignitor go to a terminal block. Has there been another update I don't know about to put a simmer control in? Is there another fix I'm missing?

Chuck
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mschwier  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:33:17 PM(UTC)
mschwier

Chuck,
I am just a home owner and battling the same issue. I just replaced two POTS and the simmer control. I could not get at the spark module. I have a PRG304US. Not sure what the differences are. My simmer control is under the oven behind the kick plate. Very easy to get at. The spark module is under the drip pan and I have to remove the venture tube in the burner. I have not been able to accomplish that yet. Not sure this helps you or not. Just replaced the mention parts and now I have a continuous spark at all 4 burners. Wish you better luck.
Chuck11  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:03:26 PM(UTC)
Chuck11

I received the kit to repair left hand burners XLO for Thermador gas range PRSG304S. This was a two month ongoing project that I simply refused to give up on. The information available to me left me with the understanding that I needed to add a simmer control module to the system. I understood it was not in my system, however, after looking for this control I believed I needed to add this module to the wiring. Low and behold after puling off the lower front panel at floor level there it was--the simmer module. This was shown on all diagrams at the upper location. After speaking with you, and your answer that it was only a 10 minute repair, it renewed my curiosity and I removed the lower panel. The repair was rated 2 *'s for difficulty. I give it a 1 for difficulty. It was that easy to switch out the wires and change the 2 pots. I NOW HAVE A WORKING UNIT!

After reading so much information on many repair sites, there was never any indication of a different location for this module. My only fault with Thermador was the lack of customer service. This was an easy fix, and one that could have been explained simply.

I was in the process of buying as unit from another company, which was money I really didn't have at the moment. You have restored my faith in THermador

Thanks again,

Chuck

THIS is a letter to Thermador thanking them for their help !!
Chuck11  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:07:34 PM(UTC)
Chuck11

Thank you for your info !!! STOVE IS NOW FIXED !!

Chuck
Chuck11  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:49:23 PM(UTC)
Chuck11

Originally Posted by: mschwier Go to Quoted Post
Chuck,
I am just a home owner and battling the same issue. I just replaced two POTS and the simmer control. I could not get at the spark module. I have a PRG304US. Not sure what the differences are. My simmer control is under the oven behind the kick plate. Very easy to get at. The spark module is under the drip pan and I have to remove the venture tube in the burner. I have not been able to accomplish that yet. Not sure this helps you or not. Just replaced the mention parts and now I have a continuous spark at all 4 burners. Wish you better luck.

Thoughts,

I had the same problem with the gas venture tube in the burner, they were corroided and would not move. I was able to grind off 2 tabs in the back of the stove with a thin wheeled grinder. The burner assembly then lifts out. There are 2 in the front that do not need to be ground out. On replacing the burner assembly the burner then sites back on a ledge, no need for the tabs. After removing the tabs, reach in through center opening and remove 2 gas lines to burners. There is a double sided tape that holds it in place, which you can put back on, but it does not need it. On my stove I was able to reach in through the center between left hand and right hand burners, which is a removable panel which lifts out. (it's about 4" wide) I used a stubby screw driver to remove the sheet metal that covers spark ignitor. The wire on the spark ignitor was long enough to disconnect the wire harness and replaced with new one which is a 6 point gas reignitor. This can be used on a 4, 5 or 6 burner stove which runs about $90. Good luck with your install.
Chuck
mschwier  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:10:40 PM(UTC)
mschwier

Glad I could help. I am on week two of my issue. With Thanksgiving coming up I may be calling the service tech soon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply