Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gas.sr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:15:28 AM(UTC)
gas.sr

Groups: Registered

My brother has this gas range that the oven had been taking forever to light for a long time before it finally totally quit. The actual age is questionable, [he bought it used] although I believe I saw a date on the scuzzy tag that said 1993. Anyway, I know for a fact that it needs a new oven igniter. The one that was in it had been replaced shortly after he bought the stove by ??? who knows who???. So my question is this: After hours of research on a dozen different sites, including this one of course, I came up with two different sizes of igniters, some of which have bare wires, and some [most] with a plug-in harness. The type of hook-up is not really important but the actual size of the igniter is. I don't know whether the one that was in it was the right one or not and I just want to make sure that I replace it with the correct size. The one that I took out of the oven is approximately 3-3/4 to 4 inches long [flat type]. Whenever I punched in the MAKE:Amana--MODEL:ARG7200w--MFG.#:P1143316N w, it kept showing me an igniter that is approx. 7 in. long. So I searched through the list of igniters until I found one that was the same size & shape as the one I took out. At Appliance Parts Pros the short one is part #AP4041245,and the long one is part #AP2934763. Which one is correct?? The SER. No. is 9703237917, if that would be of any help. I thank you for any assistance you could give me. :confused: CORNFUSED IN ILLINOIS :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.