Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
itsmetigress  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:37:53 PM(UTC)
itsmetigress

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Hopefully someone here can help us.
We have a Frigidaire PLES389ECE, last night the left front burner would not turn off, it would only go to low, turned the breaker off just to get it off for the night. Turned the breaker back on today and now that display says ER the other 3 read 56. Frigidaire says they have no idea what that code is...the oven works and the clock appears to be working. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Manuel Roth  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 7:04:47 PM(UTC)
Manuel Roth

Groups: Registered

Hello, itsmetigress,

My girlfriend and I just had the exact same error happen. We were cooking normally and she said a small amount of water had gotten on the bridge burner and she noticed it had turned on without our touching it. It would not go to low or turn off. I switched the circuit breaker off immediately and then a few minutes later after it had cooled, turned it on to see what it would do. We got the ER 56 56 56 code also. Turned the circuit breaker back off and ate the rest of a cold dinner. Then about a half hour later cleaned the cooktop, and turned the breaker back on to see what would happen and it seems to be working fine.

I do remember being sent these plastic protectors for under the burner knobs, and installed them years ago, but this doesn't leave me with much confidence in Electrolux and their Frigidaire line. Did you ever have to replace any chip or anything?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply