Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jennair9860  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 3:51:52 PM(UTC)
jennair9860

Groups: Registered

Jenn Air electric slide in drowndraft range less than 3 years old...touchpad will not work at all. The clock is working. We have flipped breaker and tried to restart. Display buttons still will not work. Any advice?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 4:27:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad control panel. The part should have 5 years manufacturer warranty.

Gene.
rzidle@verizon.net  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 6:30:31 PM(UTC)
rzidle@verizon.net

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jennair9860 Go to Quoted Post
Jenn Air electric slide in drowndraft range less than 3 years old...touchpad will not work at all. The clock is working. We have flipped breaker and tried to restart. Display buttons still will not work. Any advice?

I'm not an appliance expert. Everything else except some of the touchpad buttons were working, so I decided the pad had failed. I ordered the part and did the repair myself. If I screwed up, I would have to hire a repair person anyway, so I jumped in. Happily, things worked out - though the job was complicated by the Jenn-Air control pad design. Take the front panel off and reseat the wire strap that you'll find connected to the circuit board behind the panel (see my instructions and diagrams.) If that doesn't fix the problem, consider purchasing a new control panel and replacing the bad one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply