Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
agchavez  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:15:41 PM(UTC)
agchavez

Groups: Registered

There is small glow when under the oven floor but no igition after 7-8 minutes I smell gas so I clear the panel by pressing the cancel button.

My question is this, Does the ignitor glow even when it is malfunctioning and If I smell gas doesnt mean that the check valve is working?

We recently self cleaned the oven a few weeks ago and the range has been working fine until the last couple of days when I set the range to convection about ten or fifteen minutes later I came in from outside and got a good whif of gas only to see the preheat still lit on the display panel. I quickly turned the oven off and I think it might be a bad ignitor but want to confirm that the ignitor will still glow after malfunction or is the glow something else?

Any replies welcome,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.