Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dnayden  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:15:56 PM(UTC)
dnayden

Groups: Registered

: We have a Jennair downdraft stove model jds9860aap. Thereis a problem with the oven. It shuts down on its own after it has been on forabout 30 mins. I have been able to take off the front panel and noticed a fan(probably for cooling) in the back top corner. In researching I discovered thata Hi-limit temperature switch controls this fan. I was able to pull the stoveout of its stall and set oven to 450 degrees. At approx 220 degrees I heardcooling fan run for about 10 seconds then quit. This happened at about every 30- 40 degree increase in temperature. Once oven reached the 450 degree mark,tone sounded that temperature was met. I only notice fan once for about another10 seconds then quit again. Oven will eventually shut itself down and restartonce it has cooled on its own. I am not sure if my problem lies with thisswitch or if the fan is faulty. Should this fan be running at longer intervals?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 7:38:32 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello. You will need to test and see if power is coming to the fan motor, when it is starting and stopping. If the power continues to come to the motor, and it starts and stops, you will need to replace the fan motor. You can test this with a multi-meter [AP3873826]. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Part number: AP4097245
dnayden  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 12:50:50 PM(UTC)
dnayden

Groups: Registered

Thanks Jeff, tested motor disconnected from stove wire today with my digital meter set at 200. I got a 0.00 reading. I am ordering a new motor now.
Don
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply