Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UNEEKONE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:01:15 PM(UTC)
UNEEKONE

Groups: Registered

Well, here's the deal. I have a Whirlpool oven that was installed in my new construction home less than three years ago. I used the over just the other week and it worked perfectly. The other day I went to preheat the oven and I hit 'bake' then 'start' then walked away. Ten minutes later I went to put in the food and the inside of the oven was as cold as the rest of the room. I tried it again and nothing. I decided to try the broiler and got a different result. This time the igniter clicked three times but nothing ignited. I tried it again and this time only two clicks were heard but still no ignition. I tried each and every range burner and all four worked and fired up immediately. The control panel is also working 100% (to the best of my knowledge) with no error codes or anything of the sort. So, a little confused, I pulled the unit away from the wall and checked the gas line and all of the other electrical connections to see if something had come loose. I unplugged it and let it sit for a while. After plugging it back in it still didn't work. I even let it sit for a day thinking maybe there was excess moisture inside the unit preventing the spark but that was not the case. This unit is less than 3 years old and it is immaculate inside so it's not like the burner holes are blocked preventing the gas from escaping. Unfortunately I never tried the broiler until the oven stopped working so I really don't know if that ever worked. Please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.