Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjwhite  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:40:06 AM(UTC)
mjwhite

Groups: Registered

I have a Tappan Oven Microwave Combo with overhead pull out exhaust fan from the mid 1980's. The oven and stove top work great but the microwave and overhead pullout exhaust fan has no power. I am assuming this is perhaps a fuse issue but do not have a manual to locate it. I also am assuming that either the exhaust fan motor could have blown the fuse or perhaps the microwave unit itself has a short. By replacing the fuse and powering up each one of them separatly, I should know where the problem is. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this unit? Or has anyone experienced a similiar problem?

Thanks,
Marc
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:40:05 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Marc,

The microwave and the exhaust fan are not connected and there is no fuse for the exhaust fan.

The fuse for the microwave (#3 on the diagram) is located behind the control panel. You have to remove the two screws on top and on the bottom of the control panel in order to open it (from the right side to the left). You have to remove the screws holding the cardboard cover on the left side to access the fuse. If the problem is just a bad fuse then you can order the new one, but if there something else wrong then there is a time for a new microwave. All major parts for this microwave are no longer available.

- The part number for the fuse is AP2137203

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE 76-4232-23-14 | AppliancePartsPros.com.

Gene.
mjwhite  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:49:02 AM(UTC)
mjwhite

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene for your help and clarification on the fuse. It just seems strange that the pull out overhead fan and microwave went out at the same time. I will also check the main incoming wiring for a bad connection or something else. I'll keep you posted, thanks for the diagram too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply