Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PaulM  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:24:43 AM(UTC)
PaulM

Groups: Registered

I have the above mentioned Amana oven, when you select bake on to preheat the oven the display comes on and the element begins to get hot and within 20-30 seconds the oven turns off. Is this a control panel problem or heating element issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nadmit  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 9:41:17 AM(UTC)
nadmit

Hi PaulM,

I have the same problem with an AMANA AOE3030E. Did you ever find out how tho fix this problem? I see your post dates back to Aug 2nd with no replies did you get news from somewhaer else? let me know and thnaks for any help you can bring.

Cheers,
Nadmit
Pegi  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 10:31:40 AM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

I do not know these ovens, however wondering if the voltage to the unit was checked, could be voltage dropping out from the breaker box under load??
PaulM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:40:50 AM(UTC)
PaulM

I changed the top element, and my problem went away (keeping my fingers crossed). There are 6 phillips head screw holding the element shield to the top of the oven, once this is removed the element (still attached to the shield) will come off and the 2 connectors will pull through the insulation from the top/back part of the oven, now you can disconnect the top element and replace. This is the second element I've changed the first one actually burnt out completely.

I went this route as the first try cheapest fix, the other fix is the control board which runs $130+. the element was 40$. So far the oven has not acted up since the change. Good Luck, I hope this helps.
nadmit  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
nadmit

Hi PaulM,

Thank you for your reply and for your advice. My brolier element works some time but I am wondering if I may have the same problem as you. I think I will try to replace the element first like you did. Thanks again.

Cheers,
nadmit
pdc  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:33:42 AM(UTC)
pdc

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my AOES3030E Amana Oven. The preheat light goes on but then shuts off after about 20 seconds. It happens on all cook modes, bake and broil. On broil, I can feel the broil element start to heat up before the oven shuts off. I tried replacing the control board but it didn't fix the problem. Would a burnt out broiler element really cause this problem? Why would it also effect the bake function? It seems like a number of people have this problem, but this is the only place where I've seen some one actually fix it! Any help is greatly appreciated before I finally give in and call for service. Thanks.
nadmit  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 10:47:43 AM(UTC)
nadmit

Hi pdc,

Yes when I replaced the Broiler element last year it fixed the problem. However I have just run into the samp problem and I have just ordered the bake element as well (only 29USD). I expect after 14 years that bothe elements are at the end of their life. Replacinf the Brolier element last year was easy I am expecting the bake element will be more difficult. If I was in your position I would order both if your Amana AOES3030 is as old as mine. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Nadmit
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply