Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keysrose  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:40:39 PM(UTC)
keysrose

Groups: Registered

re: serial number zh700116p

Dear Sirs:

I have a clicking noise at the surface burners that will not stop. I can not get ignition on them either. I searched online and found that it might be the microswitchs, spark module, or spark harness. The technician that came to my house charged me over $100 and told me something might be just dirty and that the part he thought it was could not be ordered. He then walked out the door telling me nothing.

Does this make any sense to anyone and can you please help me? Can anyone tell me what part I need to buy?

Thank you,
Ralph
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:24:34 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

What the "service technician" said about something possibly dirty CAN be true. You can check that by cleaning the flame diffusers. If they're small holes, use a small diameter wire; just follow out the holes with the wire.

A constant clicking often is an indication of a spark electrode wire that is grounding somewhere on the stove top cover. You'll have to disconnect everything that holds it down before trying to raise it. You definitely do NOT want to raise the stove top with the gas line(s) still atached. Bending them out of shape or kinking them can spell d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply