Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JABAKE  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 6:49:36 AM(UTC)
JABAKE

Groups: Registered

After running self clean function the oven will not heat. Both top & bottom elements are not working. All digital display functions work as does fan, light etc. just no heat. Would this be the thermostat? Or perhaps a fuse?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 8:14:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is very common issue - such ovens do not like self clean. The problem is a bad thermal cut-off (aka a thermal fuse) on the back of the oven (#37 on the diagram). You have to remove the oven from the cabinet and remove the rear cover to access the part.

- The part number for the thermal cut-off is AP3885687

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBS245PDB10 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
iraslotnick  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:09:23 PM(UTC)
iraslotnick

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
This is very common issue - such ovens do not like self clean. The problem is a bad thermal cut-off (aka a thermal fuse) on the back of the oven (#37 on the diagram). You have to remove the oven from the cabinet and remove the rear cover to access the part.

- The part number for the thermal cut-off is AP3885687

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBS245PDB10 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Your parts department called AP3885687 a Thermostat TOD. Is that the same as a thermal fuse? Also I need it for the lower oven KitchenAid KECB208KSS
iraslotnick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:11:29 PM(UTC)
iraslotnick

Your parts department called AP3885687 a Thermostat TOD. Is that the same as a thermal fuse? Also I need it for the lower oven KitchenAid KECB208KSS
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Unfortunately there are a lot of inaccuracy with part names. Sometime you can see one name on a wiring diagram, a second name in a parts list and a third name in a manual and all for the same part and model number. All this inaccuracy created by a manufacturers. It's not very dangerous as long as you know what you are looking for. "TOD" in this case states for "thermodisc".

I'll be more than glad to help you with the correct part number for your oven, but the model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it.

Gene.
iraslotnick  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:44:22 AM(UTC)
iraslotnick

Model KEBC208KSS0.
I'll need some help w/ installing too.

Question 1: I assume I have to pull the whole oven out of the cabinet. Do I need to be concened w/ the electrical connection that it is not long enough?

Question 2: Does the back of the oven have to come off?

Question 3: How is the part connected? Wired? Snaps in?

Thank you for your help.
iraslotnick  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:57:44 AM(UTC)
iraslotnick

Also is the part the same for upper and lower ovens? My problem is with the lower oven.

Thanks.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:01:46 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: iraslotnick Go to Quoted Post

Question 1: I assume I have to pull the whole oven out of the cabinet. Do I need to be concened w/ the electrical connection that it is not long enough?

Question 2: Does the back of the oven have to come off?

Question 3: How is the part connected? Wired? Snaps in?

1. Yes, you do have to pull the whole oven out of the cabinet. The electrical connection should be long enough to let you work with it on a pretty short distance from the cabinet and on about the same distance from the floor.

2. Yes, the rear cover is removable.

3. The part secured with the two screws. The thermostats in this model are identical.

- The part number for the thermal cut-off is AP3030381

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KEBC208KSS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
iraslotnick  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:31:41 AM(UTC)
iraslotnick

Thanks Gene. Where does the Thermal cut-off connect? The diagram does not show this. To the front of the back panel? To the back of the oven casing? Not clear.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 12:35:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

The thermal cut-off is wired in series with the heating elements. Remove the oven from the cabinet and remove the rear cover and you will see everything.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply