Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgatorfan  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 6:41:41 AM(UTC)
dgatorfan

Groups: Registered

I need to know if replacing the clock control board curcuit- don't know the exact name for it. I know it is f20 on parts diagram. How hard is it to replace this myself. I am very fimailar with replacing computer circuit boards and etc... is it similar? Do I need any special tools? It looks like a few screws, and unpluging and repluging several wires. (which I will label as I remove from board.) any advice would be welcome! I was really hoping that I could repair this my self, otherwise I'll have no oven until the end of the month when I get my social sercurity check... :( to pay a repair man.

please help advise if possible

Thanks for your time...

Dawn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 7:53:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Dawn,

Why do think it has to be replaced? What is the original problem?

Gene.
dgatorfan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:44:14 AM(UTC)
dgatorfan

this is what happened. I was cooking dinner the other night, when I went in to check on things, and the oven was off, the clock and everything was blank, no lights or anything. the breaker had tripped. When I turned the breaker back on, the clock and everything went back on, and I thought at that time the oven had turned on. it acted as if it was on. the temp came up on the display all the lights came on, and it even clicked as if it was pre heating. after a little while I came back into check on dinner I found that the oven was cold. neither the bake or the broil element willcome on. I did alot of research and had called a local parts house and was asking about elements at first. then he asked me what happened I told him, he said in his experience when both elements are out it is not the elements it is the clock/board. he asked if we put a meter on it,and at that we had not. I do not feel comfortable mess with that voltages. so,we had someeone ,y husband knew come over and he put the meter on it, and it had some weird readingon some wires. 1/2 the power, anyways we told that is the part we need. also on further inspection,their is a small black mark on the curcuit side on the clock/board, near where a wire plugs in. I don't remember which one.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:17:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

There are no any safety devices for the oven in this model, so the Electronic Oven Control (aka a clock) has to be replaced. I would recommend completely remove the rear cover and check the wires from the control board to both heating elements first.

This clock is not too difficult to replace yourself. Remove the rear control panel cover and you'll see the screws and wires. You do not need any special tools at all.

- The part number for the clock is AP3764682

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for FRG FEFL78CSD | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
dgatorfan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:19:16 PM(UTC)
dgatorfan

Thank you for trying to help me but... I replaced the part this morning when I got it... Everything is working fine now... YEAH!!!! I can cook again!!!!!
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:21:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you are back in business.

Gene.
maladjustment  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:26:48 AM(UTC)
maladjustment

I've read through the thread on this issue and am sure the clock/timer on my range needs to be replaced, as well. I was broiling something in the oven, something went "bang" in the back, and the lights on the control board went out. The elements are fine, the oven light works, and the burners work, but no oven operations work.

When replacing the clock/timer unit, everything is just unplug the old and plug in the new, right? I just want to make sure there are no bare wires to connect, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Melinda
dgatorfan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:36:46 AM(UTC)
dgatorfan

Very easy to install.. all wire should be already marked, but if not use tape to mark where each wire came from... or draw a diagram before you start... Don't rely on memory... I did mine in about 10 minutes Start to finish... The part is not cheap... I had to order mine online.. check around though, cause there are some that charge way more than others...
maladjustment  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:40:23 AM(UTC)
maladjustment

Great - thanks for your help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply