Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dusouski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:02:19 PM(UTC)
dusouski

Groups: Registered

We have an Amana stove, Model ARG7301L, Serial 9703247854, MFG P1143315N L. The range works, the broiler works, however, the stove only works sometimes.

When I turn the stove on, I hear ticking, however, the gas does not turn on. If you remove the bottom drawer and hit where the gas valve is located, this makes the gas turn on and the stove heats up. When it reaches temperature, the gas will shut off, however, it may or may not heat back up when it cools below the requested temperature. When this happens, I wait about three minutes, and when the gas does not turn on, I tap the gas valve again and the gas turns on and the stove heats back up. If I do not tap the gas valve, the stove will cool all the way down.

There are times, however, when the stove works when turned on, but it may not turn on after it reaches temperature and the gas turns off.

I guessed that the problem lies with the gas valve. I bought a gas valve for it yesterday from your agency, installed it today, and the problem still exists. We are not sure what to do at this point.

Oh, there were not installation directions with the gas valve. There were red tabs on the new part. Were these to be removed before installation? I'm guessing no, since the stove works, however, the problem still exists.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.