Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rrintala  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:36:45 PM(UTC)
rrintala

Groups: Registered

This is a downdraft vent behind a range. My vent seemed to stop working in any way (up/down, fan on/off, lights to switches).

After some work and some lubricant, I had it working with assistance but it wouldn't push the vent up and the fan would go on and speeds could be changed. Now I can hear a switch start but then nothing. No movement, no fan, no lights.

I can get current through the L3 N3 terminals on the main PCB and as I said, have been able to generate some control of the switches. The switches worked at this time and there is no foreign debris between the silicon buttons and the board.

Having removed the fan assembly, I tried replacing it in two different positions, currently in the down position with the lifting arm pointed straight down so the hinged joint is below the motor’s box.

At this point I suspect the motor does not have the strength to lift the unit but as I no longer get any useful response I am not sure. I also haven’t been able to get the motor to turn on its own without being hooked to the unit but I don’t know what sensors/switches need to be in place to allow that either.

The vent moves up and down easily by hand when disconnected, very little resistance other than weight alone.

Anyone help?

Please note that I am a homeowner with some limited experience in appliance repair.

Thank you for your assistance.

Roger
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:28:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Roger,

You can find the complete troubleshooting instructions in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...8-dacor-raised-vent.html

Gene.
EDT  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 12:56:50 PM(UTC)
EDT

Originally Posted by: rrintala Go to Quoted Post
This is a downdraft vent behind a range. My vent seemed to stop working in any way (up/down, fan on/off, lights to switches).

After some work and some lubricant, I had it working with assistance but it wouldn't push the vent up and the fan would go on and speeds could be changed. Now I can hear a switch start but then nothing. No movement, no fan, no lights.

I can get current through the L3 N3 terminals on the main PCB and as I said, have been able to generate some control of the switches. The switches worked at this time and there is no foreign debris between the silicon buttons and the board.

Having removed the fan assembly, I tried replacing it in two different positions, currently in the down position with the lifting arm pointed straight down so the hinged joint is below the motor’s box.

At this point I suspect the motor does not have the strength to lift the unit but as I no longer get any useful response I am not sure. I also haven’t been able to get the motor to turn on its own without being hooked to the unit but I don’t know what sensors/switches need to be in place to allow that either.

The vent moves up and down easily by hand when disconnected, very little resistance other than weight alone.

Anyone help?

Please note that I am a homeowner with some limited experience in appliance repair.

Thank you for your assistance.

Roger

I am newe to this, So if you already received this Sorry. BUT if you contaCT ME I Know I can help you I have worked on Hundreds of these.
jgt1942  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 3:34:23 PM(UTC)
jgt1942

My brother-in-law has the RV36S, the hood would go up/down until yesterday. Now when we press the button the motor runs, it sounds OK but the hood will not move.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply