Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pamelajo  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
pamelajo

Groups: Registered

I have a Sears Kenmore gas range all burners are working fine and the oven is heating fine. I have noticed the past week or so that the oven when turned on seems to pulsate or pant (the flames) almost like the flame is not getting a steady flow of gas. It is a quick pulsation and is very noticeable. Could this be an electrical issue with the ignition? I have noticed recently that the two or more appliances cannot run in my kitchen without blowing a fuse. Could this pulsation be dangerous, should I stop using the oven?

Thanks,
pam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BigJimMcBob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:36:26 PM(UTC)
BigJimMcBob

Groups: Registered
United States

For future reference, I had the same "pulsing" problem ( pressure variation ) that would go away as the oven heated up. It would only happen on the oven burner, not the broiler or the
cooktop grill. I thought it was a burner gas valve problem, but a google search pinpointed
it as the igniter ( glow bar ) not allowing enough current to get to the gas valve.
The old igniter in the stove (Thermador brand ) measured 275 ohms, the new one was 200 ohms,
and installing it fixed the problem. So the extra 75 ohms of resistance was reducing the current to the gas valve by 37% and causing the valve to not open properly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply