Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tommyare  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:21:19 AM(UTC)
tommyare

Groups: Registered

We have a kitchenaid freestanding range that is having a problem with the display. The light goes out and when bumped re-lights for a while. All the controls still responded until a few days ago. When the oven is started (after temp is set) we get a set of beeps that indicate error(three). When the start button is pushed again the oven starts but at a lower temperature than set. I am assuming the problem is in the control board and I will replace same. The parts explosion in the catalog shows a power board along with the control board. I cannot find this board in the range and I am hoping that the parts diagram is generic and my model does not contain a power board and its functions are provided by the control board. Any light on this pain would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:59:42 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tommyare Go to Quoted Post
We have a kitchenaid freestanding range that is having a problem with the display. The light goes out and when bumped re-lights for a while. All the controls still responded until a few days ago. When the oven is started (after temp is set) we get a set of beeps that indicate error(three). When the start button is pushed again the oven starts but at a lower temperature than set. I am assuming the problem is in the control board and I will replace same. The parts explosion in the catalog shows a power board along with the control board. I cannot find this board in the range and I am hoping that the parts diagram is generic and my model does not contain a power board and its functions are provided by the control board. Any light on this pain would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very very much.

Tommy,

Your range does have two(2) printed circuit boards.
The control board

Part number: AP3176181

and the power control board

Part number: AP3174904

They are both located in the control panel of the range, and mounted one on top of the other.

Based on your post description, I would think you'll need the control board and / or the keypad/control panel assembly, not the power board.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
tommyare  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:32:41 AM(UTC)
tommyare

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Tommy,

Your range does have two(2) printed circuit boards.
The control board

and the power control board

They are both located in the control panel of the range, and mounted one on top of the other.

Based on your post description, I would think you'll need the control board and / or the keypad/control panel assembly, not the power board.

Good Luck,

Joe, Thanks so much for your help. I have taken the control panel apart down to removing the the circut board from the display leds and cannot locate anything that looks even a bit like the power board picture ?? Any ideas where I am going wrong?? I have quite a bit of electronics exper. but this stumps me. I am trying to find a link to the Kitchenaid service manual for this unit but so far no luck.
Thanks again for your help and I want to buy the parts from you folks because of the great service you provide. I just want to get the right parts.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:02:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, Thanks so much for your help. I have taken the control panel apart down to removing the the circut board from the display leds and cannot locate anything that looks even a bit like the power board picture ?? Any ideas where I am going wrong?? I have quite a bit of electronics exper. but this stumps me. I am trying to find a link to the Kitchenaid service manual for this unit but so far no luck.
Thanks again for your help and I want to buy the parts from you folks because of the great service you provide. I just want to get the right parts.

Tommy,

The part numbers I supplied you are correct, for the model number you supplied.

It's going to be a bit difficult to get a service manual for your range, due to the age of the unit, I can't find the manual I had either.

Like I said before, you probably don't need to get to the power board, you've gone about as far as you need to. But, on the display/control board

You'll find a connector labelled "P1", You can trace the wire harness back to the power board where it attaches to the "P9" connector. The power board is most likely located under the glass cooktop, attached to the oven enclosure top panel.

tommyare  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 1:07:08 AM(UTC)
tommyare

Thanks. I traced the wires and that is where they go. I should have considered that first but assumed the power board was located in the control area.
Ihave contacted kitchenaid for specs that i can check before starting to replace random parts as they get pretty expensive.
Your help has been great. Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 5:50:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks. I traced the wires and that is where they go. I should have considered that first but assumed the power board was located in the control area.
Ihave contacted kitchenaid for specs that i can check before starting to replace random parts as they get pretty expensive.
Your help has been great. Thanks

Tommy,

Great job,

As long as the Kitchen Aid techs get you the information, you'll do fine.

Drop us a line when you're done, and let us know how things went.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply