Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rollins215  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 6:04:13 AM(UTC)
rollins215

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag gas oven/range (Model # MGR5765QDQ) that has an odd problem and was hoping for some help on what to try next.

Problem: If you set the oven to bake at a certain temperature (and the oven is cold/room temp.), it will cycle and heat normally to the desired temperature. It will continue to cycle and hold this temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes, then at some point when it goes to cycle on again you hear the "click" sound of I'm assuming a relay to tell the oven to turn on again and you can see the glow that it is starting to turn on, but it doesn't light. It will then not light again until it cools off significantly, usually after a couple of hours. It has been doing this consistantly for about 4 months. There are never any error codes displayed or anything like that. The broiler works perfectly as do the stove burners.

What I've Done: I tried replacing the igniter with a new one, but that didn't change anything, still getting the exact same problem.

Any advice on what I should try next?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:45:23 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If the igniter you installed was new and the right part number then the problem is a bad gas safety valve. It comes as a kit included both (Bake & Broil) gas valves and the pressure regulator.

- The part number for the valve/regulator kit is AP4009625

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MGR5765QDQ | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:26:44 PM(UTC)

United States

I have a Maytag gas oven that has a similar problem. set it for 400.nit hits 400 but can drop 100 plus degrees before it kicks back in. had a technician come in, he found the same issue. replaced the control panel and a few other items. nothing changed. after a few visits and many calls from the tech to maytag, this is normal. guess I'll be getting a different oven. this is not acceptable. I can see a 20 degree swing but not 100 to 200...
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2023 2:33:17 PM(UTC)

United States

I will never buy another Maytag EVER.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 11:29:21 AM(UTC)

United States

Just make sure when you don't buy Maytag, that you don't buy Whirlpool or any brands associated with it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply