Discuss

BOSCH Oven Temperature Falls

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I have a bosch electric range and oven. When I use the oven, it does not hold the temperature I

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » BOSCH Oven Temperature Falls

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 AM

danthornton1 is on a distinguished road
Default BOSCH Oven Temperature Falls
Brand: Bosch   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a bosch electric range and oven. When I use the oven, it does not hold the temperature I programmed. For instance, last night I had it on 375 and 20 minutes into the cooking, I reprogrammed to 375 and it displayed the current temperature as 338 and had to reheat to get to 375. Thanks.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Higher set temperature takes longer time to preheat. Depend on the oven size and age, 15 - 20 minutes to preheat to 350F is pretty normal. Preheat to 400F can take 5-10 minutes more.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Gene--thanks for the response. The issue isn't reall time to preheat, it is that once the oven is preheated, it doesn't stay at the programmed temperature. I will preheat to 375, put in the lasagna, and 20 minutes later the temperature has fallen to 325. Is there a reason the temperature won't hold? THanks a lot.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

In that case the temperature control is the culprit. I'm not sure which device controls the oven temperature in your oven. If there is an electronic control board then the problem is there. If there is a regular oven thermostat then the thermostat has to be replaced.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM

Thanks Gene, I really appreciate your help.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.