Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Theinz58  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:37:57 PM(UTC)
Theinz58

Groups: Registered

When there is power to my range the spark for all 4 stove top burners is on all the time is this a module?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:07:02 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely one of the ignition switches is shorted. It could happen if it was a spilled liquid or a liquid cleaning stuff at the control area. In that case it can be back to normal after it drys.

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MGR6772BDS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Theinz58  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:34:48 AM(UTC)
Theinz58

yes that was the problem Thank you for your reply
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:03:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad it was that simple.

Gene.
Gene Still  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 10:07:54 AM(UTC)
Gene Still

Gene, I have the same problem with my KitchenAide Superba gas range. I was cleaning and know I got water under the knob. My igniter has been running for a couple hours. Can I safely just wait it out?
Thanks, Another Gene
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 2:17:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Gene,

It's better to unplug the range for a few hours. If you do know which of the switches is acting up, use a hair dryer to speed up the dry process.

Gene.
FFmom  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 8:52:56 PM(UTC)
FFmom

I am having the same problem with my Frigidaire Stove (model FCS388WECE). I heard a periodic "click" that sounded like the igniter sparking. Sure enough, I saw all four igniters sparking approximately every 18 seconds. They would spark whether the burners were on or off. My husband did say that he spilled soup on the large burner earlier today.

Am I correct in understanding (from reading this and other postings) that if liquid is spilled on one burner, this could cause all four burners to have this "sparking" issue? So all I need to do is wait for them to dry out (I've turned off the circuit breaker to the stove/oven). If I wanted to speed up the process with the hair dryer, do I dry the ignition switch under the knob or the igniter itself at the burner? Access under the stove top is going to be a pain...I think I will have to remove the whole front panel and see if the top lifts up.

I also read in the forums that it could be the spark module as well. If letting the stove "dry out" doesn't work, would this be my next item to look at/change out?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:19:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Very likely that when your husband spilled a soup it caused a damage to spark module which is located under the top panel near that burner.

In order to access the part you have to remove the top panel.

Remove all grates, burner caps and pans. There are three screws around each burner which have to be removed. It is very possible that some of those screws are rusted in and would not come off. In such situation you have to drill them out.

Remove all knobs and lift up the top panel.

Check all wires and ignition switches. If there is a spill mark on any of the switches, it's better to replace it.

- The spark module Part number: AP4374595
Part number: AP4374595

- The ignition switch Part number: AP2124412
Part number: AP2124412

Gene.
FFmom  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:11:21 PM(UTC)
FFmom

Thanks for the info and part numbers. Great news ~ After a day of letting the stove sit with the power off, things apparently dried out and I no longer am having the clicking issue. I have saved the part numbers because my husband is notorious for letting his soup boil over and I am sure that at some point just letting things drying out will no longer work. Since this obviously causes problems (spilled liquid), I'm surprised it's taken this long to experience the clicking problem.

Thanks again!!
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:27:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply