Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grov672  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 9:51:24 AM(UTC)
grov672

Groups: Registered

I have a KA Superba convection oven that we have had nothing but problems with over the course of the last few years. Currently we are constantly getting the “close door” light on the display even when the door is closed (any adjustment) and we recently have had both glow starters (not certain of the terminology) replaced (oven and broiler). Last night I was reading about an unrelated issue and someone noted that their oven door was out of whack and so I gently gave a pull on the right side of the door while simultaneously pushing on the left side of the door I was gently and was amazed that the “close door” message stayed off. Excited about this simple fix, I then tried tuned the cleaning cycle and about ½ hour into the cycle it shut off and now neither the oven nor the broiler will work and the temp on the display simply sits at low.
Based on what I have been reading on this site it could be a number of things, but I think I have a bit of variation that others either did not have or did not mention. My display works fine so I assume the display thermal fuse must be intact. The broiler will actually light as I can see a light blue flame consuming about a 12x12 area on the top of the oven, but still does not heat up.
I am hoping that it is the thermal fuse/disk on the rear of the oven and I will get the part coming asap, however I am open to any other ideas and/or calibration from the experts. I pulled the front door panel off the oven last night and made sure that something had not come unplugged, and I think everything on the door is as it should be. Wondering if I had inadvertently caused some major issues by re-tweaking the door I tweaked it back to the way it was and still the same issue.
Please advise and thank you for your time!

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.