Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCDi  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 7:41:26 PM(UTC)
DCDi

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool wall oven model number RM765PXBB2. The self-cleaning function was used and ran for the full 3 hours indicated on the timer. At the end of the 3 hours the oven beeped. When I went into the kitchen to check it the control panel was blank and unpowered. The top mounted microwave oven had power and is working. I reset the breaker at the fuse box anyway with no luck. I could not locate a reset button and all the diagrams I've looked at do not indicate any kind of seperate thermostat. Do I need to replace the Electronic control system panel?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:10:49 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

There is a thermostat I believe on the back panel of the oven. It is hard to tell exactly where it is by the picture, but it usually is in the back. If you click on your model # on this forum, go to the unit section of the breakdown of your oven. I believe you have to pull the oven out, and take the back panel off to get to it. Anyway, once you get to it. Make sure the power is off, when you do this, take the 2 wires off of it, and put the terminal ends together, and put some tape around it, so it does not hit metal, and then kick the breaker on, and see if the clock comes to life. If so, what happened is the oven got to hot in the clean cycle, and blew the thermostat. It diid what is was supposed to do. That thermostat is the so the oven does not burn down the house. The oven sensor is most likely the culprit. If you open the oven door, and look in the top back part of the oven, you will see a thin rod, held in place by 2 screws. That's the sensor. Unplug it from the rear, and take the 2 screws out, that hold it in place, and pull out from the front. The thermostat part # is 3149653, and the sensor part # is 8053344. If you jump out the thermostat, and clock does not come to life, you would most likely need the clock control. I would replace the thermostat also, since you are there. If you need the clock/control board the part # is 3169258. Tom
DCDi  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 8:18:02 AM(UTC)
DCDi

Yep, It did exactly what you said when I taped the thermostat wires together. The control panel lights came on. Thank you very much, The guy at the parts place told me he thought it was the control panel (which is quite expensive). I'll try replacing the thermostat and sensor and hope that's it. ONe other thing I wanted to ask about was that when I popped off the back panel I noticed some scorched insulation around the back part of the oven light fixture. It did not appear to be coming from the electrical leads to it bit from bottom where it entered the oven. SHould I replace that too?
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:36:35 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

No, that is normal. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
DCDi  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:47:27 AM(UTC)
DCDi

Thanks for the help. Once I get the thermostat and sensor installed I'll repost to let you know if that was the whole problem.
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:54:34 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Excellent, I am sure that will do it. Let me know. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply