Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bocasue8  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 2:39:22 PM(UTC)
bocasue8

Groups: Registered

I had a repairman come to my home today because the bottom oven would not heat. I have been using the top oven/microwave. the repairman heated the bottom oven and it worked. He then tried to heat the top oven and it would not work. the microwave did work. The repairman suggested that it was not a problem with the thermrostat, but with the contacts in the wiring of the on/off buttons in the top control panel. Can you help and can this be repaired? I have been unsuccesful in trying to reach Thermador today.
thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 4:42:13 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Were you going to have the technician repair the appliance, or are you looking at repairing it yourself? The Thermador uses several selector switches to control the different oven functions and it is very likely one of them has failed and needs to be replaced. Many of them are no longer available, unfortunately, but that depends on which one you need. Diagnosing an electrical issue on a Thermador product is not for the faint of heart, so hopefully the technician knows which part you need and it is one that is still available. Otherwise, it may be best to contact Thermador next week and see if they may be able to help.
bocasue8  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 4:53:19 PM(UTC)
bocasue8

I was not planning on repairing the oven myself...The technician seemed to indicate that there maybe a problem with the wiring/contacts behind the selector switches..Does that sound plausible and do you think a trained thermodor tech can repair the oven. .And, I have no idea what parts I would need. thank you for your quick response.
Susan
bocasue8  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 4:58:37 PM(UTC)
bocasue8

I will not repair the oven myself. the tech suggested that the wiring/contacts behind the selector switches may need to be rewired. I do not know what parts are needed and I have not been able to contact thermadoe myself today. Thank you for quick response.
TechnicianBrian  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 5:05:49 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

A failure of a selector switch sounds appropriate and would indeed cause one or more of the elements to fail to operate. I would expect any trained technician to be able to not only diagnose the problem, but solve it to your satisfaction including locating the appropriate parts for the repair. If the technician is unsure of the repair, you may want to look for a Thermador authorized service company to complete the repair for you.
bocasue8  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 5:22:18 PM(UTC)
bocasue8

Thank you for all your help.:) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply