Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Avgenackis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:37:09 PM(UTC)
Avgenackis

Groups: Registered

The display on my Whirlpool Electric Double Oven is completely blank (no clock display, etc). The keypad works to turn the oven light on and off, but nothing else works. The low voltage transformer is O.K., so I believe I need to replace the electronic control board. I've been able to remove all of the connectors except the two large black connectors (P18 and P26). These connectors have a plastic piece protroding through the printed circuit board. I've gently moved the connnectors back and forth with no success. Their doesn't appear to be any locking tabs on the connectors so I am at a loss on how to remove the connectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Place a small flat blade screwdriver between the board and the connector and give it a twist to free the connector from the terminals. The protrusions are to prevent the connectors from being installed on the wrong terminals and they can become stuck over time.
Avgenackis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:17:32 PM(UTC)
Avgenackis

Brian, Thanks for you quick response. I did what you suggested and was able to remove the connectors from the printed circuit board. They were on pretty tight, but the flat blade screwdriver was able to "rock" the connector and loosened it enough to be removed.
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:23:03 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad it worked out for you.
rinept  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:40:28 AM(UTC)
rinept

United States

Hope this thread is still open.

10 year old Maytag 24" wall oven, CWE4800ACB25.
I have not been so lucky. I thought I was either going to break the oven light switch or twist the large face plate into a pretzel.

Now comes the removal of the wiring connector from the PCB. I removed three of the four without difficulty. But the largest one on the inboard side of the board will not budge. I even tried an old bottle opener.
At one point I popped the circuit board from the retainer next to the connector.

Any help on what I can do to move this stubborn connection will be appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance and thanks for all the forums on the net there for idiots like me.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply