Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gill Bates  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:35:37 PM(UTC)
Gill Bates

Groups: Registered

This oven is killing me. I've read many blog post and they all say take the two screws out and lift the panel off. But this panel is buried into the front lip and will not come out. I could take a pair of pliers and bend the front lip up to get it out but that can't be how it's done. Does anyone know what the deal is with this oven?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:48:43 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Gill. Once the screws are removed, you will need to lift on the back of the bottom panel and slide it toward the back of the oven to remove it from the lip in the front. Then the bottom will lift out. I am attaching the part picture as well as the parts diagram page link to help you with this repair. Hope this helps.
Part number: AP3963195
Gill Bates  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 7:30:43 PM(UTC)
Gill Bates

Groups: Registered

I tried everything I could think of, including silicone, and it just wouldn't come out. I had to go out of town for four days and got back today. I ended up prying it out with screwdrivers.

After getting it out I found the problem. There's an aluminum shelf running along the front of the oven that the bottom panel is suppose to sit on. It's just got a 90 degree bend with the end against the front of the oven just butted up to the frame. Somehow that shelf got pulled up into the bend on the front of the bottom panel. So every time I lifted up on the back the bent up shelf locked the panel in place. Once I pried the panel out it was no problem to bend the aluminum shelf back down where it was suppose to be.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:47:21 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Glad you were able to fix it! Next time you need to remove the panel, it should be a lot easier! Thanks for using Appliancepartspros.com .
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply