Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
briant  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 3:20:50 PM(UTC)
briant

Groups: Registered

Tonight I used the self clean function on our Kenmore Elite range Model #790.4670 ( that is all i can get since the door is locked and wont
open), anyway after a half hour on the clean cycle the F-10 error code beeps and will shut off for about 2 min. and then returns beeping. I can not find the F-10 code listing for this range on the list of codes. Am i to assume that it is a F-1 code and that it is the control panal. I f it is the control panal that is shot why would it do this now.
Please help because Thanksgiving is 2 days away at my house!
The range is about 6 months old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 3:36:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Turn the circuit breaker for the range off for a few minutes and then turn it back on. Set the time of the day and try to open the door.
If it's still latched, restart the self clean, wait one or two minutes and push Cancel pad. If it did not help, call Sears.

If the range is just 6 months old and you will do any repairs by yourself, it would void the warranty.

Gene.
matkunjumon  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:57:31 PM(UTC)
matkunjumon

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I own a Kenmore with the same model number. 14 months after buying the stove once when I was using the 3 hour cycle of the seld cleaning function it started showing F10 . Although it disappeared for while now after three years the oven is not working although the broiler works. I replaced a new bottom element. However oven does not give the desired temperature that I set. Unfortunately , I did not take the extended warranty.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Turn the circuit breaker for the range off for a few minutes and then turn it back on. Set the time of the day and try to open the door.
If it's still latched, restart the self clean, wait one or two minutes and push Cancel pad. If it did not help, call Sears.

If the range is just 6 months old and you will do any repairs by yourself, it would void the warranty.

Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 10:56:21 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I need the complete model number of the range.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply