Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Swt2ununu2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:13:39 PM(UTC)
Swt2ununu2

Groups: Registered

I bought a dual element to replace mine that a repair man told me was bad. I put it in and it works great. The problem is that the little red light that says "hot burner" (or something similar) stays on. What do I have to do to get it to go off when the burner is not hot? Im sure it has something to do with a sensor of some kind. Please help:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 5:57:31 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Verify it is the hot surface light that is on and not the element on light. The sensor for the hot surface lights are part of the elements themselves, so we either have a wiring problem or a bad element. The sensor is part of the element where the wires connect and can be seen by rotating the cover to one side. The rod in the middle of the element is the sensor and it pushes against the switch contacts under that cover. Use a small screwdriver to see if you can free up the contact and make the light go out. If that doesn't work and the wiring is all in the right place, then the sensor in the element has failed and the element would need to be replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply