Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobMayo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:11:55 AM(UTC)
BobMayo

Groups: Registered

Hello, This gas wall oven has a problem with the primary burner. The oven lights fine. The burner seems to have a good flame but after a few seconds it starts to go out until the burner is only partially lit and any flame left is just a dot of blue on the burner holes and then it goes completely out. If I try to relight it with a match I get the far end of the burner lit but very slightly. I'm not sure if the gas is still flowing or if this is just residual gas in the tube. The broiler burner seems to work fine. If I reset the oven and start over I get the same symptoms every time. Any ideas? Thanks. Bob M.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BobMayo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:35:51 AM(UTC)
BobMayo

Groups: Registered

Here is some additional information. The oven relights after several minutes but keeps going out within a minute. I can hear the gas pressure increase between the flame-outs but the oven never gets to the pre-heat temperature. The pressure regulator seems to be shared by the broiler and over burners, according to the parts catalog. Is there a way for me to put a volt meter on the Control panel terminals for the Bake valve and what voltage would I be looking for? I haven't accessed the Control panel yet. The wiring diagram shows a Broiler Valve and a Bake Valve. I don't see those in the parts catalog. Would that be the Safety valve? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated. Thanks. Bob
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply