Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barbeara13  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:08:37 PM(UTC)
barbeara13

Groups: Registered

I need the bake element for the upper oven. The element needs to have screw holes in the contacts to connect the electrical wires coming from the inside of the oven. Is this element available?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Proff  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:23:10 PM(UTC)
Proff

Originally Posted by: barbeara13 Go to Quoted Post
I need the bake element for the upper oven. The element needs to have screw holes in the contacts to connect the electrical wires coming from the inside of the oven. Is this element available?

Barbara. I can't help you but I believe you can help me. The release lever on my Tappan top oven will not release the "catch" and so the door cannot be opened. Are you able to look at the door "catch" in yours and describe the "catch" mechanism so that I might use a tool or a long screwdriver to move the "catch" into a position that will allow the door to open. This happened a year ago and I was able to "pop" something that released the catch -- not this time around. Thank you!
barbeara13  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:15:21 PM(UTC)
barbeara13

Originally Posted by: Proff Go to Quoted Post
Barbara. I can't help you but I believe you can help me. The release lever on my Tappan top oven will not release the "catch" and so the door cannot be opened. Are you able to look at the door "catch" in yours and describe the "catch" mechanism so that I might use a tool or a long screwdriver to move the "catch" into a position that will allow the door to open. This happened a year ago and I was able to "pop" something that released the catch -- not this time around. Thank you!

The latch is about 7 3/4" from the bottom of the door. There is a screw with a point on the end mounted on the door that fits into 2 rollers on the oven, which holds the door closed. If you push a piece of flexible wire at the point where the latch is and force it between the rollers, you should be able to release the screw from between them. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply