Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cat  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 6:50:44 PM(UTC)
Cat

Groups: Registered

Problem started as a dim display. This is the third time it went bad. Bought a display kit. Replaced board and LCD panel.
Now oven does not work at all. We think maybe we broke the touchpad when uninstalling. A pin broke off when we were pulling the connector off (very hard to remove) but we had soddered back on. Is there a way to troubleshoot the touchpad to be sure this is the problem before I buy that part which is not cheap?
Also can the LCD display work with the old board? We replaced because it was recommended and we hoped it would resolve replacing the display every few years, but in case the problem is with the new board we would put the old one back in.
Thanksgiving a few days away.:(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

shado118  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 7:54:09 PM(UTC)
shado118

I hate to say this and am not an expert but I had a similiar problem with my Thermador double oven. I Didn't squeeze the square power cable release and broke a pin, tried soldering sort of worked but to no avail. Then noticed a nick in the ribbon cable and pin problems with that. It even had non reactive touch buttons at times. I ended up getting an entire new unit express delivery, very expensive but have had no problems since.
Cat  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 12:59:46 PM(UTC)
Cat

OK, I've accepted the fact I have to get the new touchpad part since that is how we broke ours. I also want to get a new wire harness for this. Anyone know where I can find the part #? When we put the square power cable on it, it went on either way. Aren't these suppose to go on just one way?
I notice on one part website they showed a fuse but the # did not correspond to anything on their blown out diagram. Anyone know where this fuse is located? I'd like to find out if this is blown too.
shado111, you mention a ribbon cable. If thin kind, not seperate white wires in a group, you should replace. We did while under warranty, was a manu defect. There was a notice in the parts box that these were a recall (not safety) because the heat caused the oven to go in error, which ours kept doing.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 1:37:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The part number for the keypad power harness AP2825647

What else do you need to help?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply