Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
airplanedan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:03:34 PM(UTC)
airplanedan

Groups: Registered

I have an old 40" electric, self-cleaning GE range (serial number indicates an October 1990 build date). Yesterday, one of the center glass panels in the main over door shattered. I removed and disassembled the door, and found there are four panes of glass in the door. The broken one is second from the interior, and is in a metal frame with the innermost window.

The frame is 16 1/8" x 7 1/8" x 1 1/8" and contained the two pieces of glass sandwiching an internal aluminum frame. I can't see any way to insert a new piece of glass without bending the edges of the outer frame.

I've found the following parts breakdown diagram for my model:
https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNet/Dispatcher?REQUEST=IPCNETGETPDF&file=00000000/00003400/00003457.p01.pdf

My assumption is that diagram reference #373 (part #WB36X5542) is the full frame and 2 window assembly that I need. Can anyone confirm this? If it's possible to just get a new piece of glass to insert into the existing frame, what's the part number for just that glass? Can anyone recommend a good vendor for the part I need?

Here are pictures of the assembly with the remaining window:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.