Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ndb8fxe  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 4:26:12 AM(UTC)
ndb8fxe

Groups: Registered

I have ordered the Control Panel membrane swithces for this range. The problem I am having is that when after I pull the control panel off, the for screws the hole the switches on the panel are very difficult to remove. I haven't been able to get them off. I am not forcing them off as I do not want to strip the screws. It there a trick to getting these four screw out? Just to be clear I am talking about the four screws that screw in to the posts on the membrane swith panel.

Thank you,

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 5:51:04 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It always amazes me why manufacturers find it necessary to use 10,000 pounds of torque. They may even have used Loctite on them.

Cannot address this specific machine but have had plenty of experience with other similar set ups.

Make sure your screw driver or socket is a perfect fit.
Sometimes a quick jerk type action will release it.
Sometimes tightening it a very little bit, then unscrewing will work.
Sometimes the post rips out of the metal backing plate as the are usually just a press fit. Then you have to use pliers to hold the post and get the screw out or find new screws.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ndb8fxe  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 10:21:54 AM(UTC)
ndb8fxe

Thank you danman,

I was able to remove the panel only after using an extracting tool.

I put everything back together and now I get some error codes. It when I apply power to the range it comes up with a "lost comunication" message and error codes F6 E4. What should I do next?

Thank you
denman  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 2:28:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cannot find info on KESAP907PSS02
Please check it
Note: there is a unit that is KESA907PSS02

Also you never said why you were replacing the keypad in the first place.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ndb8fxe  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 4:10:42 AM(UTC)
ndb8fxe

I have figured it out. I had misalligned one of the harnesses that plug into the panel.

I had to replace the membrane switches due to the fact that the off switch stopped responding to inputs. I purchased a kitchen full of KitchenAid appliances a couple of years ago and so far I have had to replace parts on 3 of the 4 appliances including : Icemaker and computer for it, membrane switches on the microwave/hood, and now the membrane switchs on the range. With a total cost to me of about $600.00 Needless to say I am dissapointed with the brand name as I though I was buying quality appliances.

Anyway, You guys have been great. Every time I have ordered a part it was delivered the following day (std shipping). This and your timely responses on these forums equal outstanding customer service. It really is a breath of fresh air when one is frustrated with all their appliances.

Thank you,

Chris L.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply